What is Thermometer? Thermometer is very important to know the body temperature in new life. With this, you can keep information about the increased and decreased temperature all the time. It is needed only when the person becomes sick.
First know the temperature taken from each part of the body
Mouth temperature – 98.6 degrees F or 37 degrees C
Orbital temperature – 97.6 degrees F or 36.4 degrees C
- First of all wash your hands thoroughly. You can also clean your hands with soap.
- Take the thermometer back to its normal reading by shaking it.
- Check with the thermometer only after the patient has taken a bath and after a meal or at an interval of 20 minutes before.
- After removing the thermometer from the vial of antiseptic, clean it with cotton.
- Ask or place the thermometer under the patient’s tongue for 2 minutes.
- After this, you can check by taking out the thermometer from the mouth.
- Now you can wash it well.
Important points to know before using Thermometer
If a person has difficulty in breathing, burning of the mouth, injury to the mouth, seizures, weakness of the patient, fainting, in confusion, the temperature should not be taken through the mouth.
Do not take the temperature by mouth to a young child, as this may break the thermometer. A child must be at least 5 years old to take a temperature by mouth.
When the patient has eaten any cold or hot Vastu, then do not take temperature from the mouth at this time. You can take heat by mouth under normal circumstances.
If the temperature is taken from the kidney using a rectal thermometer for a child or adult, it will be 1 degree F higher than the temperature taken by mouth.
Precautions before using the thermometer
- Never hold on to the bulb before taking or taking the temperature.
- If a patient breaks the thermometer in the mouth, wipe it clean with a cotton ball and spit it out so that the piece of glass and the mercury can come out.
- Never leave the patient alone while taking the temperature.
- If the patient has eaten or drank something, then wait for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In this way, by using Thermometer, the patient can be saved from harm.